Natural Treatments & Cures For Lung Cancer
Before we get into how to treat lung cancer naturally or explain what natural lung cancer cures are, let us discuss what lung cancer is. Lung cancer is cancer that starts in the lungs irrespective of what caused it, e.g. smoking, pollutants, genetic mutation or asbestos. The type that is most commonly diagnosed is NSCLC which is non-small cell lung cancer. NSCLC very easily represents the majority of lung cancer cases by making up about 80 to 85 percent of all the cases.
Squamous cell carcinoma, adenocarcinoma, and large cell carcinoma are all subtypes of NSCLC. Squamous cell lung cancer, also called squamous cell carcinoma of the lung, accounts for about 30% of lung cancers Most cases of squamous cell carcinoma start in the center of the lungs and often spreads (metastasizes) to other parts of the body because of the constant flow of fluids through the lungs. Not all lung cancers start in the same place. About forty percent of cases start in the type of cells that typically form the lining of the body’s cavities and surfaces. Cells of this type that become cancerous usually do so in the outer part of the lungs and are referred to as adenocarcinomas which is derived from the word “adeno” meaning ‘pertaining to a gland’ and this type tends to grow more slowly than the other kinds of lung cancer. Adenocarcinoma in situ (AIS) is a rare subset of adenocarcinoma and begins in the tiny air sacs in the lungs which are called alveoli.
Large cell lung cancer is given this name because the abnormal cells appear large under the microscopic. Lung cancers are divided into two main groups — small cell lung cancer and non-small cell lung cancer. Large cell lung cancer is one of the non-small cell cancers. Large cell carcinoma type lung cancer often begin in the central part of the lung. Of the NSCLC cancers, this type is typical discovered at a more advanced stage. These large cell lung cancers tend to grow very quickly and spread rapidly. Even when the tumor in the lung is relatively small this cancer may spread into nearby lymph nodes and into the chest wall. It also can spread to more distant organs in the body. Most people who develop large cell lung cancer are past or present smokers.
Small cell lung cancer (SCLC), which is sometimes called oat cell cancer makes up about 10% to 15% of all lung cancers. There are two main types of small cell lung cancer. Small cell carcinoma (oat cell cancer) and combined small cell carcinoma. They are named for the kinds of cells found in the cancer and how the cells look when viewed under a microscope. They grow and spread in different ways and are primarily caused by smoking. For most patients with small cell lung cancer, current mainstream medical treatments do not cure the cancer. Therefore if this type of lung cancer is found, patients should seriously start to think about how to treat lung cancer naturally and aggressively pursue a natural lung cancer cure in consultation with their doctor.
You are probably reading this because you are seeking an answer to the question “Is There a Way to Cure Lung Cancer Naturally?”
Before we answer that question let us briefly cover the the typical types of mainstream treatments that are usually prescribed depending on the stage of the NSCLC.
1. Occult stage cancer – For this stage of cancer, a sample of sputum(mucus) is examined under a microscope to determine whether abnormal cells are present. Tests like a bronchoscopy and possibly some others are typically repeated every few months to look for any signs of a tumor. If you fall into this category and want to get a head start on cancer treatment then this stage is where you may want to start researching a looking for a lung cancer natural treatment.
2. Stage 0 NSCLC– is limited to the lining layer of airways and therefore has not invaded deeper into any of the lung tissue or other areas of the lung. No chemotherapy or radiation therapy is typically needed and this stage is usually curable by surgery alone. If surgery is going to be performed it is usually a segmentectomy or wedge resection, which is removal of part of the lobe of the lung. In other instances a sleeve resection is done and in others the prescribed surgical procedure includes removing a lobe (lobectomy) or even the entire lung (pneumonectomy). Treatments such as photodynamic therapy (PDT), laser therapy, or brachytherapy (internal radiation) may be recommended as alternatives to surgery in some cases of stage 0 cancers. If your lung cancer is truly a stage 0, these mainstream treatments should result in an outright cure.
3. Stage I NSCLC– surgery may be the only treatment you need if diagnosed at this stage. The surgery may be performed either by taking out the lobe of the lung containing the tumor (lobectomy) or by taking out a smaller piece of the lung (sleeve resection, segmentectomy, or wedge resection). Generally some lymph nodes in the lung and in the space between the lungs will also be removed and biopsied for cancer cells. For patients with other health problems that might make removing the entire lobe dangerous a segmentectomy or wedge resection is generally an option but only for very small stage I cancers.
4. Stage II NSCLC – is typically treated removed by lobectomy or sleeve resection. However, sometimes removing the whole lung (pneumonectomy) is necessary. Lymph nodes that may have cancer in them are also removed. An assessment of lymph node involvement and an analysis as to whether or not cancer cells are found at the edges of the removed tissues are important things to know when determining the next course of treatment. This assessment is done to determine if follow treatment with chemotherapy (chemo) and/or radiation is required. However, if the patient has serious medical problems that stops them from having surgery, they may get only radiation or chemotherapy therapy as the primary treatment option.
5. Stage IIIA NSCLC – some combination of radiation therapy, chemotherapy (chemo), and/or surgery is usually indicated for the Treatment of stage IIIA NSCLC. Treatment options generally depend on the size and location of the tumor, in your lung, which lymph nodes it has spread to and your overall general health. In some cases, surgery may be an option as the first treatment which is then often followed by chemo, and possibly radiation therapy. In cases where the patient is not healthy enough for surgery, radiation therapy, which may be combined with chemo, is often the prescribed course of treatment.
6. Stage IIIB NSCLC – is a more advanced stage where the cancer has spread to lymph nodes near the other lung or in the neck. At this stage, the cancer can’t all be removed surgically. If you are in fairly good health you may be helped by significantly utilizing chemotherapy(chemo) combined with radiation therapy. Some people can even be cured with this treatment at this stage thereby negating the need to figure out how to treat lung cancer naturally. Patients who are not healthy enough for this combination are often treated with radiation therapy alone, or, less often, chemo alone. Cancer that has advanced to this stage can be hard to treat, so looking for a lung cancer natural treatment is probably a good option for some people.
7. Stage IV NSCLC – is cancer that has metastasized throughout the body and is very widespread when it is first diagnosed. These cancers are almost impossible to cure utilizing conventional therapies of surgery, chemo and radiation. Treatment options at this point are usually a clinical trial or finding a natural lung cancer cures like the one found here.
So in conclusion, tumors in the lungs can grow quite large before you notice symptoms. Early symptoms mimic a cold or other common conditions, so most people don’t seek medical attention right away. That’s one reason why lung cancer isn’t usually diagnosed in an early stage.
Lung cancer is among the most serious of diseases, and also one of the most common and dangerous types of cancer. And when modern treatments such as chemotherapy fail, people often turn to a natural treatments for lung cancer in their attempt to cure lung cancer naturally.
According to the World Health Organization, 14 million new cases of lung cancer were documented and in 2015 alone, it was responsible for 8.8 million deaths. This accounts for a third of all deaths caused by cancer worldwide. And still, despite the great efforts put into cancer research and all the undeniable progress that has been made so far, we’re still far off from a permanent cure.
So, how to cure lung cancer naturally, and is it even possible? You are most likely to find conflicting and biased answers to this question, but the truth is, there are numerous cases of successful natural lung cancer cures. But of course, these all take the form of long term treatments, as no conventional cure exists. What they entail are a number of lifestyle changes and natural remedies for lung cancer that help the patient’s body combat it on its own. However, it is important to note that in all cases of cancer, including lung cancer, natural treatment can only truly help by alleviating the symptoms and side effects of traditional treatments in order to improve quality of life. On its own, it can only serve to prevent cancer, and should never be relied on as the primary treatment method.
Natural lung cancer treatment is also known as naturopathic medicine. As mentioned above, it focuses on enhancing the organism’s natural ability to fight back the disease. Some of the ways this is achieved is through heightened alkaline PH levels in the blood which prevent cancer cells from growing, and thus help control it. The most widespread method which is most likely to ultimately yield a natural cure for lung cancer is the Budwig Procedure. It was first introduced by Dr. Johanna Budwig and has proven to be especially effective against lung cancer in particular.
The Budwig Procedure is based on a restrictive diet which avoids sugar, white flour, meat and all types of additives commonly found in mass-produced food. Moreover, it replaces processed oils and fat with unsaturated fatty acids found in flax seed and cottage cheese. Overall, it is quite similar to a macrobiotic diet or any diet which minimizes or entirely excludes meat. When it comes to the question of how to treat lung cancer naturally, a diet such as this is often the best first step.
Another method that has proven to be effective is the proteolytic enzyme treatment. This method primarily focuses on supporting the patient’s immune system and controlling inflammation. It utilizes plenty of Vitamin C and vitamin D3 which are both powerful antioxidants, and both play an important part in curing lung cancer the natural way. Since researchers have found that cancer cells are anaerobic – meaning that they do not use oxygen in their respiratory processes – hyperbaric chamber and oxygen therapy are therefore justified as natural treatments for lung cancer.
And lastly, it is important to keep in mind that the importance of mental well being is an often underestimated part of curing lung cancer naturally. In this regard, psychological assistance and emotional support go a long way in ensuring that the person suffering from lung cancer does not give up, and instead remains motivated and continue to fight the disease.